9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Celebrating our 50th Anniversary: Explore the rich history of the Association with commentary from a panel of AFBNJ’s past presidents discussing the Association’s past, present, and future.
Keynote: Professor Mark Lender
Moderator: Lawrence S. Lustberg, Gibbons P.C.
- Rosemary Alito, K&L Gates LLP
- Thomas F. Campion
- Kerri E. Chewning, Archer & Greiner
- Bruce I. Goldstein, McCusker, Anselmi, Rosen, Carvelli P.C.
- Jonathan L. Goldstein, Hellring Lindeman Goldstein & Siegal LLP
- Michael B. Himmel, Lowenstein Sandler
- Carl D. Poplar, Carl D. Poplar, P.A.
- Lisa J. Rodriguez, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP
- Joel D. Siegal, Hellring Lindeman Goldstein & Siegal LLP
- Hon. Herbert J. Stern, Stern Kilcullen & Rufolo
- Karol Corbin Walker, Kaufman Dolowich Voluck LLP
State of the Judiciary: Hon. Freda L. Wolfson, Chief Judge
Police Practices and Civil Rights: A conversation with experts in the field on the intersection of civil rights and police practices. In the past year, police practices have been a pressing issue in New Jersey and across the country. Join an important conversation about public safety, civil rights, and police accountability with attorneys leading these efforts.
Keynote: Cory Booker, United States Senator for New Jersey
- Lynda Garcia, Chief Counsel, Sen. Cory A. Booker, Senate Judiciary Committee
- Gurbir S. Grewal, New Jersey Attorney General
- Peter C. Harvey, Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Rachael A. Honig, Acting U.S. Attorney
- Amol Sinha, ACLU-NJ Executive Director
Program Written Materials:
Celebrating Our 50th Anniversary:
Police Practices and Civil Rights:
NJ Attorney General Directives:
Newark Consent Decree Documents:
Newark Civilian Complaint Review Board Documents: