Chapter 13 Symposium: Friday, February 5, 2021Jordan Shumofsky2021-04-14T15:00:58-04:00
2021 Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Symposium: February 5, 2021
9:00 am – 3:00 pm (live webinar)
This full day CLE event offers relevant and timely education for attorneys and paralegal staff regarding all Chapter 13 bankruptcy matters. Five sessions will cover topics including:
- Foreclosure, Forbearances and Cares Act and Life After COVID-19
- Update from the Court and Office of the U.S. Trustee and Review of the Basics
- The Circuits are Split
- My Clients Love Me but Hate Each Other
- Q & A Wrap Up with Judges and Trustees
- Alternate Track for Paralegals
Speakers Include: Chief Judge Michael B. Kaplan, Bankruptcy Court Judges from the District of New Jersey and all of the New Jersey Chapter 13 Standing Trustees. A full list of speakers and details about each session is included in the program.
Click here to view the recording of the program. Please note: CLE credits may not be earned by watching the recorded program.
Click here for the program.
Program Written Materials:
1) Session 1 Overview
2) Bankruptcy Provisions – December Stimulus Bill (08542170xA1E35)
3) CDC Order
5) Executive Order 103
6) Executive Order 106
7)FHA Mortgage Letter 2020-04
8) FNMA Letter LL(2020-02)
9)Freddie bulletin 2020-4
10) National Consumer Law Center – COVID19_Mortgage_Chart (08542158xA1E35)
1) Absolute Right to Convert
2) ROCHELLE Updated
3) Tax Sale Foreclosures
1) Session 4 Overview
2) 2000 Formal Ethics Opinion 2 _ North Carolina State Bar
3) 2007 Formal Ethics Opinion 7 _ North Carolina State Bar
4) In re Dolan (1)
5) In re Star Broadcasting Inc. 81 B.R. 835 17 B.C.D. 1 (Bankr. N.J. 1988)
Paralegal Video Session: Click here to access the paralegal video.