44th Annual Judicial Conference: Thursday, March 18, 2021
9:00 am – 12:30 pm
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Celebrating our 50th Anniversary: Explore the rich history of the Association with commentary from a panel of AFBNJ’s past presidents discussing the Association’s past, present, and future.
Keynote: Professor Mark Lender
Moderator: Lawrence S. Lustberg, Gibbons P.C.
- Rosemary Alito, K&L Gates LLP
- Thomas F. Campion
- Kerri E. Chewning, Archer & Greiner
- Bruce I. Goldstein, McCusker, Anselmi, Rosen, Carvelli P.C.
- Jonathan L. Goldstein, Hellring Lindeman Goldstein & Siegal LLP
- Michael B. Himmel, Lowenstein Sandler
- Carl D. Poplar, Carl D. Poplar, P.A.
- Lisa J. Rodriguez, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP
- Joel D. Siegal, Hellring Lindeman Goldstein & Siegal LLP
- Hon. Herbert J. Stern, Stern Kilcullen & Rufolo
- Karol Corbin Walker, Kaufman Dolowich Voluck LLP
State of the Judiciary: Hon. Freda L. Wolfson, Chief Judge
Police Practices and Civil Rights: A conversation with experts in the field on the intersection of civil rights and police practices. In the past year, police practices have been a pressing issue in New Jersey and across the country. Join an important conversation about public safety, civil rights, and police accountability with attorneys leading these efforts.
Keynote: Cory Booker, United States Senator for New Jersey
- Lynda Garcia, Policing Campaign Director, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Gurbir S. Grewal, New Jersey Attorney General
- Peter C. Harvey, Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Rachael A. Honig, Acting U.S. Attorney
- Amol Sinha, ACLU-NJ Executive Director
IMPORTANT MCLE INFORMATION
3.0 NJ MCLE Credits have been requested toward NJ. Earn 2.5 CLE Credits toward PA.
In order to receive proper credit, each attendee is required to fill out and submit a CLE Affirmation Form. Certificates of Attendance will be issued to registered attendees ONLY upon completion of the program.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
AFBNJ CORONAVIRUS RESOURCE CENTER
The Association of the Federal Bar Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center has been created to help our members, and all of those in the legal community, address the impact of the coronavirus on your business and life.
The coronavirus outbreak continues to escalate, causing major disruption to all of us both professionally and personally. The effects of this crisis are not only in the present but will extend into the future. Some of us may have health issues, suffer from some form of depression, some may have lost their savings, and others have lost or may lose their jobs. This Resource Center is designed to provide some information to help guide you as you navigate the impact of this crisis on your business and personal life.
The AFBNJ hopes you find it helpful, and wishes you nothing but safety and good health.
Latest Information on the Coronavirus:
New Jersey Department of Health: https://www.nj.gov/health/
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/
Key Numbers and Links for Medical Assistance and Economic Relief Assistance:
Call: 2 – 1 – 1
Text: NJCOVID to 898-211 ; Text: your zip code to 898-211 for live text assistance
United Way’s COVID19 Economic Relief Fund : 1-866-211-9966
Key Numbers for Mental Health Assistance:
Help is Available through the National Alliance on Mental Illness:
- Disaster Mental Health Helpline: 1-877-289-4357
- Crisis Text Line: text NAMI to 741741
Law firms, this is your opportunity, to place ads for new hires (full time, part time, temp hires, at any level or position within your organization) here on the AFBNJ Resource Page free of charge. Our goal is provide a forum to help attorneys seeking work during this crisis as well as law firms. If you would like to place an ad, please email [email protected].
State of NJ COVID-19 Jobs and Hiring Portal: https://jobs.covid19.nj.gov/
Small Business Administration Office of Disaster Assistance Hiring: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563261000